The art of baking naked pizza brings healthy, fresh ingredients into the limelight of an otherwise together-baked dish, creating the optimal balance of fresh, organic and healthy toppings and base your pizza needs. Thyme is great when used fresh, and its aromatic flavour goes well with our naked pizza!
My daughter came back from her friend claiming that the pizza they had at their place was amazing, healthy, crispy… Just perfect. As she is very much into healthy food, healthy ingredients and doesn’t eat ordinary pizza, I was curious about what made this particular pizza so special. When she explained it to me, I started to understand why this pizza differs from the rest.
We all know the usual take on Pizza, baking all the ingredients on one platter and having them all melt together in a finished product. Doesn’t sound very fresh, but what if you could combine the tasty appeal of a pizza with the fresh, crispy kind of delight that makes us feel less guilty about eating this widely known “fast food?” The art of baking naked pizza brings healthy, fresh ingredients into the limelight of an otherwise together-baked dish, creating the optimal balance of fresh, organic and healthy toppings and base your Pizza needs.
Thyme is great when used fresh, and its aromatic flavour goes well with many Italian dishes, including our naked pizza
400 g of pizza dough
170 g ricotta cheese
bunch of thyme (10 g)
6 slices of raw ham
150 ml of cream
Feldsalat (Valerianella locusta), known also as nüssli salad (CH), Lambs Leaf lettuce (UK) or Mache lettuce (USA) or rapunzel
(could also be replaced with another kind of salad as per your taste
2 tablespoons of honey
salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle the piza dough with a mixture made of 4 spoons of olive oil, three teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/3 of a thyme bunch, salt and pepper. Add 6 slices of raw ham, add another 1/3 of bunch of thyme on the top, place it in the oven for 10 min (200C) and bake it until bubbling.
- in the meantime prepare the topping from ricotta, cream, three teaspoons of lemon juice, remaining thyme, salt, pepper and honey. Mix well with a mixer
- Prepare salad in a separate bowl with dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Once you remove the pizza from the oven, place the creamy ricotta mixture and salad on the top.
- It tastes fresh and delicious.