I woke up the other day, the sun was up and I saw a beautiful yellow cropping of dandelions in the back of my garden. They had sprouted over night. Since I don’t use any chemicals in my garden I had the idea of using their natural taste in the kitchen. I asked my daughter to help me collect the flowers and leaves, as they are the best for a salad when young. We ended up with a full basket after only about 10 minutes. We put to the side what we needed for the infused oil but there were still some flower petals left. So we said lets experiment and try something new. As my daughter is hooked on sweet stuff, the idea of dandelion cupcakes popped up. I have to be honest this was the first time we tried something like this. But they turned out to be so delicious that I just had to share it with you. The dandelion blossoms taste mildly sweet and floral and it gives unique taste to the cupcakes.
These delicious dandelion cupcakes with sunflower seeds are simple to make. Decorated with a swirl of delicious lemon frosting they make for a beautiful decoration on your dinning table.
So here is what we have done:
60 g butter
60 g of coconut oil
120 g sugger
180 g sour cream
20 g vanilla sugar
200 g of flour
20 g baking powder
150 g dandelion flowers (use the yellow parts only, the small green leaves at the base of the flower are bitter which can cause the cupcakes to be bitter)
20 g sunflower seeds
10 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Stir all the ingredients together, adding the dandelion flowers last.
- Mix quickly and lightly until moist, but do not beat or the batter will get lumpy. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- bake for 25 minutes or until golden
- 60 g butter
- 60 g of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 120 g sugger
- 180 g sour cream
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 200 g of flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 150 g dandelion flowers
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- powder sugar
- 10 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
2. Stir all the ingredients together, adding the dandelion flowers last.
3. Mix quickly and lightly until moist, but do not beat or the batter will get
4. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
5. bake for 25 minutes or until golden